How We Work
well crafted creativity
Our experienced graphic design department handles all of your files to ensure that your printed piece will appear exactly the way you envisioned it. They work with common issues such as fonts, color, size, imagery and other elements that can affect the appearance and quality of your final product. You can be assured that our experienced and professional staff will guide your files from start to finish.
Getting the right amount of details and having a clear understanding of a client’s problems and goals from the beginning is the most important factor when starting a new project or design. The process is similar on Website Clients, except rounds of revision, phases of work and testing will be conducted on an online test server, rather than printed proofs.
We will have a consultation that includes project objectives: Initial informal discussions between you and your designer – covering project objectives, timing and budget. Formal meetings to discuss your project in detail and clarify any technical issues including budget, timetable and corporate identity guidelines and creative goals.
- The designer reviews the brief, background material and identity standards to ensure understanding of the project context and your corporate requirements. The designer develops the draft concepts and preliminary designs and selects the most appropriate options for further development.
- The designer presents visual solutions and explains design decisions.
- Together you will evaluate the visual presentation against the brief to make sure we hit the mark.
- Following your review and feedback, the designer amends the material as required and, if necessary, presents you with new design(s).
- Your designer prepares the artwork files and provides a proof (email or hardcopy).
- You either approve the artwork by signing the proof, or mark-up changes you’d like to make.
- If a further proof is provided may be required. Any “author’s corrections” (client requested changes to content already provided which may include additional charges: these will be detailed in any quote conditions provided with your initial quote).
Refinement And Final Approval
- Following your review and feedback, the designer amends the material as required and, if necessary, presents you with new design(s). Sign off is required on all projects before we go to press or final production stage of your project.
The designer forwards the artwork to printer.
- The designer views the printer’s proof and passes the proof on to the client for approval.
- In some cases, the designer can conduct a “press check” of the printed sample while the job is running on the printing press.